Monday, October 19, 2009

Are non-gamers bias of Nintendo?

Today I went to the library. I decided to see what books were available for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. First I checked Microsoft. They had a book on them and a few books on Bill Gates. Next I checked Sony. They had a book to themself and one book to their founder.

But what about Nintendo? Sadly, I found nothing. That's right, nothing.

I don't get it. It's not like gamers are harping to put gaming on text book, why shouldn't they put it up on the library? Nintendo has a wealth of history behind there backs, I don't see why they aren't in the library. It's like if non-gamers hate Nintendo for making only video games. Maybe it's because of Game Over: How Nintendo Has Manage To Enslaved Your Childerns. If that's the case, then I call bull. Nintendo didn't force your child to play, they choose on doing so. They don't force your childern to play the latest Mario, Zelda, Metroid. And they certantly aren't as greedy as Activision.

This applies to everything to gaming. The only thing they have about gaming that is even remotely related is some book about how violence is cause by gaming, which I think is stupid.

I'm not demanding to put entertainment in our history books, but if it can't exist in school libraries, then it proves that non-gamers just might be bias to gaming as a whole. They have TV, music, radio, etc. So why not video games too?

No comments:

Post a Comment